Legal Advisory Services
Should the parties not agree to use the out-of-court procedures placed at their disposal for the resolution of the dispute, it would be necessary to turn to judicial proceedings. Alvamark provides a wide range of legal services that include both counselling and action before the Courts of Justice.
Our principal areas of activity are:
- Industrial Property
- Intellectual Property and Copyrights
- Unfair Competition
- Counterfeiting and Piracy
- Internet and New Technologies
Our services include:
- Reports on risks of infringement
- Audits of Industrial Property Rights portfolios
- Transfers and Licences.
- Contract drafting and review.
- Out-of court Injunctions and Claims
- Anti-piracy actions
- Customs actions
- Contentious Administrative, Civil and Criminal Proceedings.
SPANISH PATENTS AND TRADEMARKS OFFICE (SPTO)
On completion of the administrative stage at the SPTO, the rulings may be subject to appeal before the corresponding Administrative Courts.
- The filing of contentious administrative appeals against rulings by the Spanish Patents and Trademarks Office
- The filing of appeals for reversal against rulings pronounced by the High Courts of Justice of the Self-governing (Autonomous) Communities.
EUROPEAN UNION INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICE (EUIPO)
Appeals may be filed against EUIPO decisions in two stages:
- The filing of appeals before the EUIPO
- The filing of a judicial appeal. Appeals can be filed before the Court of Justice against the decisions of Boards of Appeal. The Court of First Instance of Luxembourg shall be competent, and appeals may be filed against the decisions of this Court before the European Union Court of Justice.
The registration of distinguishing marks and inventions grant their owner the right to recover from a third party any action surpassing the limits established under the law.
- Injunctions for the infringement of Industrial and Intellectual Property rights
- Registration nullity actions (Distinguishing marks, Patents, Utility Models and Industrial Designs).
- Actions claiming Industrial Property rights.
- Actions concerning the Expiration of Trademarks due to non-use.
- Actions concerning the infringement of Industrial Property rights
- Actions due to acts of unfair competition
- Requests for the adoption of Precautionary Measures
These suppress and penalise the existence of copies and forgeries of trademarks that are well-known in the market
- The lodging of allegations and accusations for crimes against industrial property.
- Organising and attending seizures of counterfeit merchandise by the State Security and Law Enforcement Forces.
- Presence at the abbreviated criminal proceedings, following the judicial inquiry and attending the Oral Hearing.
Request commitment-free information
If you have any doubts or would like to receive further information, you can contact us at:
91 576 33 34 (Fax)